HR Knowledge, Inc., a leading Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) serving emerging to mid-sized companies throughout the Northeast with offices in Mansfield and Waltham, recently announced that they provide training on sexual harassment prevention in the workplace. Companies are required by Federal Law to have a Sexual Harassment Policy in place, and annual training of all of a company’s employees provides greater understanding of the policy while reinforcing it.
HR Knowledge has outlined the steps required and suggested to prevent Sexual Harassment in the workplace:
1. Maintain an Employee Guideline that includes a Sexual Harassment Policy.
2. In the Guidelines there should be key elements which include investigation if necessary and non-retaliation, as retaliation can put the company in a greater risk position than they were with the alleged original offense.
3. Ensure that all employees sign off on and accept/receive the Employee Guidelines which should include the Sexual Harassment Policy. Keep this signature page in a safe and secure place.
4. Annual Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for the employees at your company. The training should mention and review the do’s and don’ts for Sexual Harassment and what could be construed as Sexual Harassment. The purpose is to create and maintain a positive and healthy work environment for all employees.
5. Once the training is completed please have each employee sign off that they did attend the training and keep this on file.
6. Finally, HR Knowledge recommends purchasing an insurance policy called EPLI (employment practice liability insurance). This insurance will protect the company from claims made against the company for Sexual Harassment, Wrongful Termination, Discrimination in the workplace and other type of employment related practices. Without this insurance, companies will have to pay for their own attorney and pay for any claims awarded for an employment practice lawsuit. This insurance should protect you from employment practice lawsuits. (Note: HR Knowledge is not property and casualty insurers. Please consult an insurance agent for more information on EPLI Insurance.)
According to Jeff Garr, CEO of HR Knowledge, “Sexual Harassment claims and awards can amount to a great deal of money, so prevention and education are vital in protecting the company, it’s managers and ownership. HR Knowledge provides this sort of training for organizations on an annual basis.”
Garr has spoken on a wide variety of HR topics ranging from employment issues to social media policies and sexual harassment prevention. He is available for speaking engagements.
To arrange a speaking engagement with Jeff Garr, contact (508) 339-1300.
About HR Knowledge, Inc.
HR Knowledge, Inc. is a leading Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) serving emerging to mid-sized companies throughout the Northeast. HR Knowledge has the experience and technology to efficiently provide best-in-class integrated HR services at an affordable cost to clients.
HR Knowledge’s leaders have more than 100 years of combined experience and provide expert guidance in Human Resource management, Group Benefits Brokerage, Payroll Processing & Managed Services, Financial Services and Recruiting and Hiring Process Management (HPM).
Through their comprehensive Human Resource Services, HR Knowledge helps organizations minimize operational risks, reduce administrative costs and better serve their people.
HR Knowledge has been recognized as a Gold Level Broker by Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare. The company is headquartered at 905B South Main Street, Suite 203 in Mansfield and their second office is located at 890 Winter Street, Suite 208 in Waltham, MA. For more information, contact (508) 339-1300 or visit their website at www.hrknowledge.com