From military and defense equipment to mining, manufacturing, transportation and even industrial bottling technologies, bearing selection plays a critical role when it comes to heavy load applications that require great freedom of movement.
Emerson Bearing, based in Boston, is expanding their line of Slewing Ring Bearings, an innovative bearing solution that offers a number of unique benefits over other ball and roller bearings.
Precision slewing ring bearings are a type of angular bearing that consist of two concentric rings with balls or rollers that enhance movement in load-bearing and power transmission applications. The two rings may be constructed with toothed gears to increase torque and can facilitate movement in any direction from the center of the bearing.
What Sets Slewing Ring Bearings Apart
Slewing ring bearings have the load carrying capacity as well as high material stiffness to ensure sufficient support in rigid bearing applications. They also provide 360-degree joint support for complex load bearing systems, which allows for concurrent movement on multiple axes. Slewing ring bearings have a shaftless design and are valuable for their low-friction and freedom of movement. All of these advantages result in an extended service life.
The versatility and efficiency of slewing ring bearings makes them ideal for use in a range of industries. Common applications include:
– Missile launchers, tank turrets and optical devices in the Military and Defense industry. Slewing ring bearings are often used in military and defense equipment that must direct heavy loads with a high degree of precision.
– The construction industry, particularly in load-bearing and lifting applications such as lifts, cranes, hydraulic excavators and borers.
– Industrial bottling applications including sanitization, washing capping, and labeling functions. The 360-degree rotation of slewing rings makes them especially useful.
– Mining excavation and tunnel boring, where equipment must be able to move freely under heavy loads.
– Transportation such as trains, trams, and subways. Slewing rings are often used to facilitate free and easy vehicle movement.
“Our bearing experts can assist in determining which bearing technologies would be most suitable by taking into consideration the specifications, recommendations, maintenance strategies, fatigue life and wear resistance of bearings in relation to the application,” explained Steve Katz, president of Emerson Bearing Boston.
To learn more about Emerson Bearing’s precision slewing ring bearings and how they can improve operations, visit EmersonBearing.com or call 800-225-4587.
About Emerson Bearing Boston
Founded in 1957, Emerson Bearing Boston specializes in bearings for OEM and MRO markets throughout the world. The company provides solutions to a variety of industries including: aggregate, concrete, mining, machine tools, electric motor repair, marine, material handling, metal processing, packaging, food processing, paper converting, printing, wind/power generation, recreation, heavy construction, robotics, automation, transportation, wood products, wastewater treatment, pump, compressor and oil field.
Emerson Bearing Boston offers customers a one-stop shopping experience. With an online product catalog with over 3 million bearings – ranging in size from 3mm to tunnel-boring 15-foot-diameter giants; a vast inventory of bearings; worldwide sourcing; a fixed price program; a knowledgeable staff; same day shipping and 24/7 service, Emerson Bearing Boston has become a leading provider of bearings in the U.S. They are the sister company of Action Bearing and maintain headquarters at 201 Brighton Ave. Boston, MA. For more information, visit www.emersonbearing.com or call 800-225-4587.