Boston Solar, an award-winning solar installer based in Woburn, MA, celebrates Solar Appreciation Day by sharing the top reasons homeowners should consider a solar photovoltaic (PV) system, and offering energy saving tips to practice in the meantime.
Solar Appreciation Day, which falls on the second Friday in March each year, is a time to celebrate energy sustainability and the power of the sun. Boston Solar has been helping homeowners reduce their energy bills and their carbon footprint for a decade, having installed more than 30 megawatts (MW) of solar in Massachusetts since its founding.
By investing in a solar energy system, homeowners essentially reap several benefits:
– Lower energy bills. The homeowner pays a lower upfront cost for electricity that will be used over the next 25 years or more and there will be a remarkable difference on utility bills for years to come.
– Reduction in carbon footprint. Fossil-fuel based energy will be reduced along with pollution.
– Power during outages. For those with solar PV panels and a battery storage system, backup power is available anytime day and night.
– Tax credits and savings. The 26 percent Federal Solar Tax Credit has been extended, and homeowners can save even more with Massachusetts solar tax credits and incentive programs.
– A higher resale value on their home. According to the Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, the purchase of a solar energy system likely increases a home’s value. It may even sell faster than homes without solar panels.
“Installing solar or solar with backup energy storage is an investment that sets the homeowner up for years of energy savings as well as greater resilience from rising energy prices and power disruptions,” noted Daniel Mello Guimaraes, Boston Solar’s CEO. “Going solar is win-win as it essentially secures a more sustainable future for your home and family.”
For homeowners who are looking for energy saving tips to implement before starting their solar installation project, Boston Solar shared the following:
– Turn down the thermostat. Homeowners can save as much as 10 percent on heating costs per year by turning the thermostat down 10 to 15 degrees from its normal setting for eight hours a day.
– Consider energy efficient electronics. Enjoy greater energy savings for years to come with energy efficient TVs, computers and appliances.
– Maintain your heating system. Replace air filters and schedule annual furnace maintenance every year prior to the winter months. This will help you avoid a mid-winter furnace breakdown and provide the added benefit of having lower monthly heating costs thanks to a properly maintained system.
– Avoiding peak charging periods when running your more energy-intensive appliances such as the laundry dryer, oven, dishwasher and vacuum cleaner as it will help you save on electricity bills. Running these appliances generates heat that during the summer will make the job of your air conditioner much harder.
If you are looking for the most effective home energy efficiency upgrades before going solar, upgrading your HVAC, kitchen, and household energy consuming appliances is the best place to start.
“Efficiency is a significant part of what we do every day,” said Guimaraes. “At Boston Solar, one thing that we stress to homeowners is that we never want to sell them a solar PV system that is larger, or more expensive than necessary based on their energy consumption.”
Homeowners are encouraged to schedule a free solar quote with Boston Solar to learn more about “going solar” and meeting their future energy goals. To schedule a free solar quote, contact Boston Solar at 617-858-1645.
About Boston Solar
Locally owned and operated, Boston Solar has installed more than 30 megawatts (MW) of solar, powering thousands of homes in Massachusetts, since its founding in 2011. Boston Solar is dedicated to providing superior products, exceptional customer service, and the highest quality workmanship in residential and commercial installations throughout the state. With 4,500+ residential and commercial solar installations completed, Boston Solar has become the most experienced local solar installer.
Boston Solar has been honored with the 2020 Guildmaster Award from GuildQuality for demonstrating exceptional customer service within the residential construction industry. For five consecutive years, Boston Solar has been recognized as a Top Solar Contractor by Solar Power World magazine. The company has also made Boston Business Journal’s “Largest Clean Energy Companies in Massachusetts” List. Boston Solar is a member of Solar Energy Business Association of New England (SEBANE). The company is headquartered at 55 Sixth Road, Woburn, MA 01801. For more information, call David Remillard at Boston Solar, 617-858-1645 ext. 225 or visit https://www.bostonsolar.us