Most of us would like to put 2020 behind us.
One way, probably the best way, to do that is to create a manageable, modest marketing PLAN for 2021.
First, set aside at least eight percent of your gross revenue for marketing. You don’t show up to a gun fight with a knife.
Second, choose ONLY four channels that you know work for you. Don’t go wide, go deep.
For business-to-business companies that usually includes –
• LinkedIn – Post weekly not only to your company page and personal page, but Groups as well.
• E-newsletter – Monthly
• Refreshing your website with relevant blogs, news items and events. – Weekly
• Achieve press coverage monthly with tips, topical subjects, riding along with stories in the news, personnel announcements, anniversaries, additional services, new divisions, webinars, etc.
Third, take a risk and add something new.
• Reach out and start “guesting” on podcasts targeted to your niche.
• Draft a modest E-book that positions you as “the” expert on your topic.
• Add a customer review program to increase your positive reviews.
Fourth, assign a team to meet monthly for one hour to implement the program and to keep each other accountable.
Fifth, continue to update a one or two-page spreadsheet that tracks –
• Assigned to
• Date due
• Current status
Sixth, track success.
• Set up Google Alerts to track your company, your name, your competitor.
• Review E-Newsletter opens and clicks
• Review website Google Analytics
• Track your LinkedIn engagement
Now you are on track for a robust 2021.
Need help with some of the planning and implementation? Contact us today for a complimentary 45 minute consultation.