CHEEKTOWAGA, NY …
Think of holiday burglars and movie fans hearken back to the bungling thieves in the movie Home Alone. It’s safe to say that most burglars are a bit smarter than the ones tormented by MacCaulay Culkin. DirectBuy of Buffalo, the leading home improvement and furnishing club, has some helpful tips on protecting your home for this holiday season and beyond.
“Gifts under the tree and additional vehicles in the driveway belonging to guests—some perhaps from out-of-state—present added incentive for thieves,” said Mark Klinger, owner of DirectBuy of Buffalo. “There’s even more opportunity if you happen to go away for the holidays. By following some simple steps, you can safeguard your home against potential break-ins.”
Some hints to ensure a safe, happy holiday season include:
- Purchase an alarm system and advertise that fact on your exterior windows and doors.
- Secure your doors and windows at all times, particularly at night.
- Keep your window shades drawn, particularly near your Christmas tree. Gifts visible from street level provide huge temptation to thieves who may consider smashing the window to grab your packages.
- Headed out of town for the holidays? Utilize lighting timers for both interior and exterior lights to ensure it appears to outsiders that someone is still at home.
- After Christmas Day, don’t pile up empty gift boxes on the street for the garbage man, which simply informs burglars of the expensive gifts awaiting them inside your home.
- Keep your homeowners insurance policy up-to-date.
“Unfortunately, we don’t all possess the guile of Home Alone’s Kevin McCallister. It’s probably better and safer that way,” said Klinger. “By taking the above precautions, you can provide enough of a deterrent so that thieves leave your home alone.”
DirectBuy offers alarm systems and other items needed to protect your home during the holidays, all at direct insider prices. In addition, each DirectBuy club employs product specialists and designers who can help members select the system that works best for their home.
For over 38 years, DirectBuy has helped consumers enjoy enormous savings on home furnishings, home improvement items, entertainment and outdoor products, and accessories, by providing an avenue to purchase directly from the manufacturer. Conveniently located at 4950 Genesee Street in Cheektowaga, New York, DirectBuy offers members a comfortable setting where they finally have the financial control of buying direct.
For more information on a DirectBuy membership, you can call 716-684-1400 or visit www.directbuycares.com.
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly from more than 700 manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. Buying direct makes members’ hard-earned money to go much further, while having the selection and choice not available at any retail store. DirectBuy has been serving the greater Buffalo area since 2005. Access to confidential prices, local suppliers, and unparalleled selection helps make members’ dream projects a reality. DirectBuy of Buffalo is one of more than 160 DirectBuy locations throughout North America.
Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitor’s Pass to attend an Open House by contacting DirectBuy at 716-684-1400, or visiting www.DirectBuy-Buffalo.com.
To learn more about the superior value and benefits of a DirectBuy membership, visit www.directbuycares.com.