Nowadays, people are trying to live a greener, healthier lifestyle. While a smaller carbon footprint and longer life might be two long-term goals for individuals, successful companies in this industry strive for safe and affordable shipping. With manufacturers and distributors challenged by the growing demand of the natural products industry, G-Force Shipping, a third-party logistics provider, has responded in turn by creating a natural products division.
“Natural products can cover a broad range of items, anything from natural whole foods to raw materials like spices, herbs, oils and botanicals,” said Gordie Macfarlane, president of G-Force Shipping. “LTL shippers have to not only be cognizant of how these items are shipped, but what they are shipped with and that all their products are classified appropriately”
G-Force’s Eddie White will lead the Natural Products Division. The benefits that new division provides natural products companies include:
- Consultation on National Motor Freight Classification– G-Force Shipping offers customer service assistance and resources to properly classify natural products shipments, ranging from Class 50 items to Class 500. G-Force will also dispute any charges on customers’ behalf if the shipment is re-classified.
- Screening carrier cargo for toxic items – Via Web site or customer service rep, G-Force can verify that any natural product shipments are kept separate from any toxic products that could potentially contaminate your goods while in transit.
- Direct Point A to Point B shipping – Many smaller companies will deal with a single or a few select shipping companies, and in some cases are unaware that said shipping company interlines the shipment. This can create delays and possibly compromise the well-being of a natural products shipment. With more than 80 carrier partners, customers can select the best shipping service available for that specific lane along with the confidence that they know who is handling their shipment.
- Coordinating warehousing – G-Force can arrange warehouse accommodations as a means for companies to reduce costly cross-country deliveries and longer delivery times (e.g. arranging warehousing for a Florida-based company in the Midwest for west coast deliveries).
- Direct consultation services – G-Force’s knowledge of the pricing and capabilities of more than 80 carriers is a resource that is available to natural products customers.
- Cost savings – G-Force customers spend more than $100 million with its carrier partners. G-Force can often leverage that buying power to provide optimal savings. Typically, G-Force can save its natural products customers in the 15 percent range.
“Natural products manufacturers face a great number of challenges. Many are based in rural parts of the U.S. where getting from Point A to Point B is not always a straight line,” said Macfarlane. “With this new division, natural products manufacturers have a 24/7 resource to ensure the safe, timely and cost-effective shipment of their goods.”
In addition to its services tailored toward natural products companies, G-Force Shipping provides all its customers an easy-to-use, Web-based shipping utility, www.GForceship.com, which delivers instant quotes and multiple carrier choices in seconds. There’s no long-term commitment. Access to a free on-line account or a toll free number is all G-Force customers need. The only fees associated with an account are those directly connected to the shipping costs.
For more information, please call 877-7-GFORCE or visit www.gforceship.com.
More carriers, more choices, more savings.
G Force Shipping and Consulting, Inc. is a non asset based third-party logistics provider based in Hanover, Massachusetts. Through its Web site, www.gforceship.com, G-Force provides its customers with direct access to quotes from more than 80 carriers on LTL, FTL and small parcel shipments. In addition to helping customers find the right shipping company at the right price, G-Force offers white glove service that includes 24/7 customer service, freight consulting services, online warehouse management capabilities and much, much more.
For more information, visit www.gforceship.com or call 877-7-GFORCE (877-743-6723).