So, you’ve gone out on your first date with somebody you just met. It went pretty well. Perhaps even very well. So, now what? The follow-up call can be the determining factor on whether a second date or more occurs.
Paul A. Falzone, CEO of The Right One and Together Dating–one of the world’s largest brick-and-mortar dating services with more than 60 offices nationwide—has given follow up advice to hundreds of clients before and after first dates.
“A good first date—or even a great one—doesn’t always mean there will be a second one. That’s why it’s best after that first date has gone well to take a step back and evaluate before taking the next step, the follow up call,” said Falzone. “And when you do follow up with your date, you want to be clear in your own mind that: A. you want a second date and (b) they want a second date and conduct the conversation accordingly.”
Some follow-up call guidelines include:
● Let it breathe – Wait a minimum of 24 hours before calling after the first date. If it truly was a great date, he or she won’t be with somebody else if you wait a day before calling.
● Email and texting counts – A post-date e-mail or text might seem harmless, but it really does interfere with the evaluation process. The follow-up call should actually be a phone call.
● Not at the office – Make sure you make your follow-up call at a time when your date is available to talk.
● At the sound of the tone – Be prepared to leave a voice mail in case he or she is not available. Keep it simple, don’t try to make a second date via voice mail. Just ask them to call.
● Two strikes rule – Call once and he/she doesn’t return the call, shame on them. Call more than twice without a return, shame on you.
● Keep it light – The gist of the follow-up call should be that you had a great time and ask if he/she wants to it again. Even if you spent the nice tossing and turning over what a great time you had, do not share that. Those make for great stories down the road. Get the second date first.
“It’s great to be excited about somebody after a first date. What’s even better is to be even more excited after two. If’ your goal is for something lasting, there’s nothing wrong with taking it slow and making sure it really is, pun intended, the right one for you,” said Falzone.
Help is on the way
Catering to more than 300,000 members at more than 60 locations throughout North America, The Right One and Together Dating are the largest brick and mortar dating services in the industry, offering a more consistent product, a greater number of potentially compatible mates and added value of flexibility in transferring memberships to another geographic region.
North American locations and affiliates of Together are located in: Georgia (Savannah); Indiana (Ft. Wayne, Carmel, Mishawaka); Kentucky (Lexington, Louisville); Louisiana (Metairie); Maryland (Columbia, Frederick); Minnesota (Edina); Nevada (Reno); New Hampshire (Hooksett, Nashua, Portsmouth and Salem); Ohio (Cincinnati); South Carolina (Greenville); Texas (San Antonio) and Virginia (Falls Church).
The Right One’s offices and affiliates located throughout the United States include: California (San Diego); Colorado (Glendale); Georgia (Atlanta); Illinois (Downers Grove, Rockford and Normal); Massachusetts (Norwell, Newton Center, Shrewsbury and Woburn); Michigan (Bingham Farms); Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln); New Jersey (Cherry Hill); Nevada (Las Vegas); Pennsylvania (King of Prussia); Rhode Island (Warwick); Texas (Dallas and Austin); Utah (Salt Lake City); and Wisconsin (Madison, Appleton, Elm Grove).
Singles Station Dating Company, an affiliate of The Right One and Together Dating, is the largest independently owned personal introduction service in the Southwest. In the last 25 years, Singles Station has introduced more than 100,000 couples and is responsible for thousands of successful relationships and marriages. Singles Station Dating Co. has offices conveniently located in Oklahoma (Oklahoma City and Tulsa), Arkansas (Bentonville, Fort Smith and Little Rock), Tennessee (Memphis and Nashville), Missouri (Springfield and St. Louis) and will be opening soon in Kansas (Wichita and Kansas City). For more information about Singles Station, please visit www.singlesstation.com or call 866-807-LOVE(5683).