I could show you my two page list of failed self-improvement resolutions from last year. Or I could start fresh and challenge you to join me.
No, Martha, there is NO silver bullet for marketing solutions. Slow, steady and consistent wins the race.
So, as you look out onto the horizon of 2011, join me in committing to consistent messaging on a consistent basis.
- Blog – Weekly from your own site.
- Vlog (Video blog) – Do it without snickering.
- E-Newsletter – At least monthly. Vigilantly adding email addresses of everyone you meet along the way.
- Website – Redesign yearly. Add a video greeting. Add a newsroom. Add a blog.
- Direct mail – Commit to a 3-part series to a highly target audience.
- Network – Choose at least 4 groups and organizations to participate in them with reckless abandon.
- News releases – Find a shred of news and issue two per month.
- Discussion Groups – Participate and monitor groups related to create a leadership position and a greater understanding of the niche.
- Trade Shows – Identify two and fully support exhibiting with a pre-event mailer, a proactive show strategy and aggressive follow up.
- Speaking Engagements – Review opportunities and develop a wow presentation.
- Out of the Box PR Campaign – Partner with others to reach beyond your grasp.
Quote for this issue – Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.