CHICAGO, GURNEE, HOFFMAN ESTATES, NAPERVILLE, TINLEY PARK, IL …
Not too long ago, the home office used to mean the corporate headquarters of a company. With more and more people running businesses out of their home or telecommuting to their “day job” a day or more a week, the home office has had to become every bit as functional and comfortable as the cube or office at work. Even more so. To that end, the DirectBuy clubs of greater Chicago, the leading home improvement and furnishings club with direct insider prices, have some helpful tips on setting up your home office.
For starters, DirectBuy recommends drawing a floor plan of the room or area where your home office will be. Your floor plan should include markings of where the electrical outlets are and accurate measurements of the heights of the windows, doorways and any closet space to give you additional design options.
“If you’re going to be spending significant time in your home office, from eight to 20 hours a week or more, you’re going to want a space that’s a little more comfortable, functional and aesthetically pleasing than the spare room or corner of a room that’s passed for a home office in years past,” said Jeremy Vest, owner of DirectBuy of DuPage County in Naperville. “Many of our members work with our designers to create not just a comfortable workspace for one or members of the household, but also a room you’ll want to show off to guests.”
Some of the things you may want to consider in planning your office space:
● Ergonomic chairs, desks, and other office pieces.
● Lower shelves so you can reach for books, folders and other items without strain.
● Lighting under workspace shelves to make it easier to read.
● A mount or platform for your computer monitor so you can look at the screen without tilting your head up or down.
● Neutral soothing colors for your walls like teal blues, soft cool grays and warm Tuscan colors to create the work atmosphere you’re looking for.
● How much natural light does the room get and how much do you want? Do you prefer curtains to blinds? There are a wide range of innovative blinds, sheers, louvers and shutters to achieve the look you want.
● The depth of the pieces you’re putting in your office. There’s nothing worse than trying to add a desk to spot that fits length- and width-wise but leaves no room for the chair.
● Installing additional outlets to give you more layout and design options.
● Avoiding wall-to-wall carpeting if possible; offices are high traffic areas and wear will show on your rugs the more time you work at home. Use carpet tiles for the areas you want carpeting, so that you can replace them if they fade or show stains, and use hardwood or ceramic tile for the rest of the space.
DirectBuy carries a large selection of brand-name office furniture at wholesale prices direct from the manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. In addition, each DirectBuy club employs product specialists and designers who can help members create the home office that works best for their individual needs and for family members if it’s a shared workspace.
Since 1971, DirectBuy clubs have offered members the opportunity to enjoy enormous savings on home furnishings, home improvement items, entertainment and outdoor products and accessories by buying wholesale, directly from the manufacturer. With five convenient locations in the greater Chicago area (Chicago, Gurnee, Hoffman Estates, Naperville, and Tinley Park), consumers can enjoy a comfortable, country-club setting, where they finally have the financial control of buying direct.
For more information on a DirectBuy membership, you can visit http://www.directbuychicago.com/.
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly from more than 700 manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. Buying direct makes members’ hard-earned money to go much further, while having the selection and choice not available at any retail store. Access to confidential prices, local suppliers, and unparalleled selection helps make members’ dream projects a reality. It’s a comfortable, country-club setting, where you finally have the financial control of buying direct. The five DirectBuy clubs serving the greater Chicago area are part of more than 160 locations throughout North America.
Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitor’s Pass to attend an Open House by visiting http://www.directbuychicago.com/.
Locations of the five DirectBuy clubs serving the greater Chicago area are: DirectBuy of Gurnee, 4081 Ryan Rd. #107, Gurnee, IL; DirectBuy of Hoffman Estates, 2200 N. Stonington Ave Ste. 150 Hoffman Estates, IL; DirectBuy of Chicago North, 6325 Avondale, Chicago, IL; DirectBuy of DuPage County, 1864 Highgrove Ste. 136 Naperville, IL; and DirectBuy of Tinley Park, 18400 S. 76th Avenue Ste. B, Tinley Park, IL.
To learn more about the superior value and benefits of a DirectBuy membership, visit www.directbuycares.com.