The emergence of business coaching is helping many small, local businesses in this challenging economy. Yet, the concept of coaching is still a fairly new one in the business world. With her recent appearance on the “On Track with Vanessa Womack” show on WLEE 990 AM, ActionCOACH Master Licensee Sheri Winesett discussed several ways business coaching can help the small business owner.
“The small business owner has to wear many hats and it’s perfectly natural that some of those hats might fit better than the others,” said Winesett. “When we work with small business owners, we tailor our coaching accordingly. That could mean teaching sales skills to owners without a sales background or management techniques for the owner who’s always been a sole practitioner but now has staff, etc.”
So what can a business coach help accomplish for the small business owner? Here are some examples:
- Time management –A time management evaluation and plan should be part of the package with definitive steps for improvement put in place.
- Increasing sales – This should not only include a plan of how to increase sales, but a clear timetable of by how much and by when and within the structure of your organization.
- Increasing profitability – Increasing sales is great, but it doesn’t automatically translate to profitability. You want to work with a business coach who can look at the entire financial picture—sales, operations, etc.
- Inspiration or exasperation? A business coach should be a mentor and motivator for business owner.
- Goal-setting and accountability –A business coach should work with you to create goals and objectives. Those require actions and deliverables on the part of the business owner, who is accountable to the coach. As a business owner, that’s what you want.
“To get results out of a coaching relationship requires accountability on the part of the coach and the business owner and that’s what I tried to get across to Vanessa’s audience,” said Winesett.
“On Track with Vanessa Womack” airs on WLEE 990 AM Talk on Saturdays, 11 – 12 noon. “On Track with Vanessa Womack” delivers edgy, exciting information for entrepreneurs in the areas of business development, marketing, networking and building a successful enterprise. The show is also archived on The SHED Group LLC’s Web site, www.shedgrp.com. Womack is the SHED Group principal.
ActionCOACH is the world’s #1 business coaching firm and executive coaching firm. Operating in 26 countries, the franchise has more than 1,000 offices around the world. That includes locations in the five states (and Washington DC) that make up the Gulf Atlantic region: Alabama (Pelham); Delaware; Louisiana (Baton Route, Loranger, Mandeville, New Orleans and Shreveport); Maryland (Baltimore, Freeland, Fallston, Manchester, Rockland, Silver Spring); and Mississippi (Madison).
Founded in 1993, the ActionCOACH has received numerous awards including Fastest Growing Franchise, Franchisee Satisfaction, Best Overall Company and has been named the number one business coaching franchise for more than five years running.
To learn more about ActionCOACH, contact Karen Boyd, www.karenboyd.actioncoach.comwww.karenboyd.actioncoach.com, (410) 374-3536.