CHEEKTOWAGA, NY …
Most people want to know what they can do to make their dollar go farther, particularly when purchasing household appliances. While most consumers have their eyes on the price tag, it really should be on how much it costs to power those appliances, and that’s where ENERGY STAR comes in.
ENERGY STAR is the program created by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to reduce energy consumption. Typically, ENERGY STAR products offer 20 to 30 percent savings on your energy bills. DirectBuy of Buffalo, the leading home improvement and furnishings club with direct insider prices, sells a wide ride range of ENERGY STAR products to help members save.
“The irony about ENERGY STAR products is the program itself was set up to combat the negative effect running our appliances was having on our environment,” said Mark Klinger, owner of DirectBuy of Buffalo. “While most people do want to minimize their carbon footprint, in today’s economy, it’s just as much about how much you can save by having appliances that run more efficiently.”
So, how much can you save by purchasing ENERGY STAR appliances? Here’s a small sampling:
- Clothes washers – replacing a 10-year-old washing with a new ENERGY STAR machine can save a household more than $145 per year.
- Dishwashers – ENERGY STAR dishwashers use 41 percent less energy and water than non-ENERGY STAR washers. That translates to $30 a year on your utility bill.
- Refrigerators – a typical two-door, freezer on top refrigerator can cost $100 per year to run. Upgrading to ENERGY STAR can knock $30 per year off that, resulting in savings of $350 in just five years.
- Home electronics – the average household spends $100 per year powering electronics devices in “standby” mode. ENERGY STAR products use less energy when in standby.
- LED Lighting – requires 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs and lasts 25 times longer. According to energystar.gov, LED lighitn can last more than 25,000 hours than its incandescent counterparts or more than 22 years!
“As a company that deals specifically in home improvement, you often hear the expression that this project will pay for itself, meaning resale. Yet when it comes to ENERGY STAR products, they literally do pay for themselves over time,” said Vest.
DirectBuy carries a large selection of ENERGY STAR products and appliances at wholesale prices direct from the manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. In addition, each DirectBuy club employs product specialists and designers who can help members select the appliance that works best for their works best for their home.
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped consumers enjoy enormous savings on home furnishings, home improvement items, entertainment and outdoor products, and accessories, by providing an avenue to purchase directly from the manufacturer. Conveniently located at 4950 Genesee Street in Cheektowaga, New York, DirectBuy offers members a comfortable setting, where they finally have the financial control of buying direct.
For more information on a DirectBuy club membership, you can call 716-684-1400 or visit www.directbuy-buffalo.com.
Since 1971, DirectBuy has helped hundreds of thousands of families enjoy a better quality of life, enabling them to buy directly from more than 700 manufacturers and their authorized suppliers. Buying direct makes members’ hard-earned money to go much further, while having the selection and choice not available at any retail store. DirectBuy has been serving the greater Buffalo area since 2005. Access to confidential prices, local suppliers, and unparalleled selection helps make members’ dream projects a reality. It’s a comfortable setting, where you finally have the financial control of buying direct. DirectBuy of Buffalo is one of more than 160 DirectBuy club locations throughout North America.
Consumers interested in becoming members may obtain a Visitor’s Pass to attend an Open House by contacting DirectBuy at 716-684-1400, or visiting www.DirectBuy-Buffalo.com.
To learn more about the superior value and benefits of a DirectBuy club membership, visit www.directbuycares.com.