DATELINE: WORCESTER, MA…
ECI Biotech, Inc., a premier developer of trademarked ExpressDetect diagnostic sensors for consumer and professional care, is pleased to announce the launch of their first trade show booth at the 23rd Annual Symposium on Advanced Wound Care and Wound Healing Society Meeting to be held on April 17-20th in Orlando FL.
Dr. Mitchell Sanders, the CEO and Founder of ECI Biotech, notes “We are rolling out our wound care product offerings that we plan to submit for FDA approval this fall with an anticipated launch in May of 2011. We are excited to introduce our cutting-edge ExpressDetect diagnostics to this elite community of wound care clinicians, giving us the opportunity to demonstrate the simple, inexpensive, rapid, and safe features of our sensors.
The two products ECI is demonstrating at SAWC are a dressing sensor and a rapid point of care diagnostic.
The dressing sensor:
• Functions both as a dressing and an early infection indicator
• Detects the presence of a high bioburden of microorganisms in wounds before there are any visible clinical signs
• Offers an inexpensive diagnostic ideally suited for home health, long-term care, and military applications.
The point of care diagnostic:
• Utilizes an easy to read handheld diagnostic tool
• Detects proteases of bacteria that correlate to total bacterial level (>106 cfu/ml), the level at which the wound healing society recommends treatment of chronic and acute wounds
• Offers rapid detection of pathogens in chronic wounds, delivering an accurate assessment in only 10 minutes
The 23rd annual Symposium on Advanced Wound Care and Wound Healing society (SAWC/WHS) meeting is the premier educational wound care program within this clinical field and is the largest annual gathering of wound care clinicians in the United States. More than 2,000 physicians, podiatrists, nurses, therapists, and researchers are expected to attend the 2010 SAWC/WHS meeting.
Founded in 1998, ECI Biotech is a premier developer of low cost and rapid diagnostics trademarked as ExpressDetect. ECI’s first diagnostic products going to launch in 2011 are targeted at prognosing chronic and acute wound infections. With 18 patents pending and six patents issued, ECI currently has several corporate partnerships with industry leaders in both consumer and professional healthcare.
ECI’s target markets for its products include: wound care, women’s health, oral care, and baby care. ECI Biotech’s product pipeline includes a diagnostic sensor for urinary tract infections, as well as advanced wound care systems that provide early warning of emergent infections and promote healing.
ECI Biotech’s headquarters are located at 85 Prescott Street, in Worcester, Massachusetts. For additional information please contact Dr. Mitchell Sanders at email@example.com, call 508-752-2209, or visit www.ecibiotech.com.