Flowers, candy and cards. While this may be the big three on Valentine’s Day, having a romantic meal at your sweetie’s favorite restaurant ranks right up there, too. The crunch of the current economy has many couples opting to eat in on Valentine’s Day. According to love expert Paul A. Falzone, CEO of The Right One and Together Dating–one of the world’s largest brick-and-mortar dating services with more than 60 offices nationwide—that doesn’t necessarily mean romance has to take a backseat.
“Cooking a romantic meal for your loved one can be every bit as romantic as going out. In fact, if you put some imagination into it, staying home for Valentine’s Day can put some extra spice into your relationship,” said said Falzone.
So, what can you do for a Valentine’s Day meal at home? Falzone offers some of the following suggestions:
● Surprise your partner with breakfast in bed. Even a morning cup of coffee served with toast cut into heart shapes can be a gourmet meal when served in bed.
● Dress up for your Valentine’s Day dinner. Just because you’re not going out, doesn’t mean you can’t have a formal dinner, complete with soft music in the background, candlelight, etc. Being at home also makes it easier to slip into something more comfortable later.
● Adorn the table with rose petals leading a path to your Valentine’s Day card and/or gift.
● Buy a bottle of his/her favorite wine and have it chilled (if white or blush) in a bucket at the table. Better yet, have champagne on the table.
● Serve the aphrodisiac of your choice as an appetizer: chocolate, oysters, caviar, honey or strawberries.
● Cook your partner’s favorite dish for dinner; if you don’t cook, most grocery stores have pre-cooked meals that simply need to be reheated.
● Pick out a dessert for your partner, and vice versa, and feed it to them with their eyes closed.
● Buy your significant other’s favorite massage oil and give him/her a foot and/or body rub to close out the “date”.
“There are many advantages to staying in on Valentine’s besides giving your bank account a break. Most obvious, without the distractions that going out on a Saturday night, the day/night can really be about you and your partner. And that’s truly what the holiday was meant to be about,” said Falzone.
Help is on the way
Catering to more than 300,000 members at more than 60 locations throughout North America, The Right One and Together Dating are the largest brick and mortar dating services in the industry, offering a more consistent product, a greater number of potentially compatible mates and added value of flexibility in transferring memberships to another geographic region.
North American locations and affiliates of Together are located in: Georgia (Savannah); Indiana (Ft. Wayne, Carmel, Mishawaka); Kentucky (Lexington, Louisville); Louisiana (Metairie); Maryland (Columbia, Frederick); Minnesota (Edina); Nevada (Reno); New Hampshire (Hooksett, Nashua, Portsmouth and Salem); Ohio (Cincinnati); South Carolina (Greenville); Texas (San Antonio) and Virginia (Falls Church).
The Right One’s offices and affiliates located throughout the United States include: California (San Diego); Colorado (Glendale); Georgia (Atlanta); Illinois (Downers Grove, Rockford and Normal); Massachusetts (Norwell, Newton Center, Shrewsbury and Woburn); Michigan (Bingham Farms); Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln); New Jersey (Cherry Hill); Nevada (Las Vegas); Pennsylvania (King of Prussia); Rhode Island (Warwick); Texas (Dallas and Austin); Utah (Salt Lake City); and Wisconsin (Madison, Appleton, Elm Grove).
Singles Station Dating Company, an affiliate of The Right One and Together Dating, is the largest independently owned personal introduction service in the Southwest. In the last 25 years, Singles Station has introduced more than 100,000 couples and is responsible for thousands of successful relationships and marriages. Singles Station Dating Co. has offices conveniently located in Oklahoma (Oklahoma City and Tulsa), Arkansas (Bentonville, Fort Smith and Little Rock), Tennessee (Memphis and Nashville), Missouri (Springfield and St. Louis) and will be opening soon in Kansas (Wichita and Kansas City). For more information about Singles Station, please visit www.singlesstation.com or call 866-807-LOVE(5683).