Over the past few years, water sports like paddle boarding and kayaking have seen exponential growth. For small to mid-size dealers and distributors, the increased demand breeds logistical challenges that can impact profits if not handled correctly. In response to the specialized needs of paddleboard, kayaks and other small craft companies, G-Force Shipping, a third-party logistics provider based in Hanover, MA recently announced the formation of a new water sports division.
“Small craft items like kayaks and paddle boards create some shipping challenges based on their length and their composition,” said Gordie Macfarlane, president of G-Force Shipping. “With our new water sports division, small shops and dealers have a dedicated shipping department/freight consultant and more than 80 carriers at their disposal on our Web site to help tailor a shipping solution to best meet their needs.”
G-Force’s Bob Howard will lead the Water Sports Division. The benefits that new division provides small craft companies include:
- Direct Point A to Point B shipping – Many smaller companies will deal with one shipping company and in some cases are unaware that said shipping company subcontracts the shipment. This can create delays and major confusion in the event of a claim. With more than 80 carrier partners, customers can select the best shipping service available for that specific lane along with the confidence that their shipment – from point-of-pick-up to point-of-delivery – will be handled by the same carrier.
- Avoiding costs based on size – Many shipping companies charge extra based on length. With G-Force’s knowledge of the industry, customers can avoid those extra charges by using carriers that do not penalize for additional length. G-Force can also recommend the companies known for following best practices when boxing shipments.
- Coordinating warehousing – G-Force can arrange warehouse accommodations as a means for companies to reduce costly cross-country deliveries and longer delivery times (e.g. arranging warehousing for a Florida-based company in the Midwest for west coast deliveries).
- Direct consultation services – G-Force’s knowledge of the pricing and capabilities of more than 80 carriers is a resource that is available to Water Sports customers.
- Cost savings – G-Force customers spend more than $100 million with its carrier partners. G-Force can often leverage that fact to provide optimal savings. Typically, G-Force can save its water sports customers in the 15 percent range.
“My shipments typically consist of one to four stand-up paddleboards. The one element that stands out for me is the customer service of Bob Howard. He is very professional, very quick in getting back to me on shipping quotes, and provides the lowest prices,” said Mitzi Archer, owner of Yolo Board L.L.C. in Santa Rosa, Florida. “After obtaining quotes from five freight brokers over the years, I am currently using G-force exclusively.”
In addition to its services tailored toward water sports companies, G-Force Shipping provides all its customers an easy-to-use, Web-based shipping utility, www.GForceship.com, which delivers instant quotes and multiple carrier choices in seconds. There’s no long-term commitment. Access to a free on-line account or a toll free number is all G-Force customers need. The only fees associated with an account are those directly connected to the shipping costs.
For more information, please call 877-7-GFORCE or visit www.gforceship.com.
More carriers, more choices, more savings.
G Force Shipping and Consulting, Inc. is a non asset based third-party logistics provider based in Hanover, Massachusetts. Through its Web site, www.gforceship.com, G-Force provides its customers with direct access to quotes from more than 70 carriers on LTL, FTL and small parcel shipments. In addition to helping customers find the right shipping company at the right price, G-Force offers white glove service that includes 24/7 customer service, freight consulting services, online warehouse management capabilities and much, much more.
For more information, visit www.gforceship.com or call 877-7-GFORCE (877-743-6723).